Today, I'm talking about 4 thoughts or misconceptions about involving parents or community members in schools and then I shift to my 3 ways that parents and community members can be helpful in our schools.
This is a lead in to my next episode where I'm talking with a parent who has been very helpful in helping school administration in working with the students and the community.
4 Thoughts or Misconceptions about involving parents or community members in schools:
1. Hidden agendas
2. Only want to write a check (Not really interested in helping.)
3. School leader doesn't want outside input (loss of control)
4. Need direction/Guidance (A how to guide.)
3 ways parents or community members can be of assistance:
1. Ideas for solving problems
2. Connections in the community
3. Help with addressing major challenges
Parents and community members can help. Involve them.