Today on Quick Tech Tip David and I talk about… How to Avoid Junkware…
Does junkware drive you nuts?!
It does me!
You know what I’m talking about …as David says, “…the 3rd party software offers…click and suddenly you have any number of unwanted stuff on your computer.”
David notes, “You go to install legitimate software and then…the installation by default adds something unwanted!”
I think we have all had issues with this headache…especially me…
Listen as David gives you his …
5 Steps to Avoiding Junkware
1. Download from a reliable source
2. Beware of fake download buttons
3. Be alert during the software installation
4. De-select any options to install additional software
5. When in doubt don’t do it!
And just say no to clicking on those download buttons!