Dr Barbara Blackburn talks with me today about her book, Rigor and Differentiation in the Classroom: Tools and Strategies. (2019, Taylor & Francis)
Barbara has dedicated her life to raising the level of rigor and motivation for professional educators and students alike.
She is a Top 30 Global Guru in Education, has taught early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students and has served as an educational consultant for three publishing companies.
A few of her book titles are:
- Rigor made easy: Getting Started
- Rigorous Schools and Classrooms: Leading the Way
- Rigor in Your Classroom: A Toolkit for Teachers
- Rigor in Your School: A Toolkit for Leaders
- Literacy from A to Z
- Rigor for Students with Special Needs
- Motivating Struggling Learners: 10 Ways to Build Student Success
- Rigor is Not a Four-Letter Word
- Rigor and Assessment in the Classroom
- Rigor in the RTI and MTSS Classroom: Practical Tools and Strategies
She often can be found working with teachers and administrators in workshops as well as presenting at state, national, and international conferences.
Barbara is an amazing writer and teacher. She creates books that teachers can read and put into action immediately. She has a wonderful gift for making the difficult easy to understand and to use.
Lots to learn!
Thanks for listening!
Check out Barbara's Quick Reference Guide to Rigor just published by ASCD.
Make sure that you check out the links below especially the link to the Graphic Organizer for Math Word Problems that Barbara talked about as well as the link to her website's free resources.
Learn More and Connect with Barbara:
http://bit.ly/GraphicOrganizerMathWordProblems (The organizer that Barbara talked about.)
Length - 52:53